- Last updated: 7 July 2022
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their Website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Beem) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other Website.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website. Third parties serve cookies through our Website for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform are described in the table below (please note that the specific cookies served may vary depending on the specific Website you visit):
- Types of cookies
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Website for you.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Website for you.
- How to refuse
- Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Website to you, you cannot refuse them.You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under the heading "How can I control cookies?".
- The Google Analytics service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out from Google Analytics service from using your information by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser tool: www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our Website. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
- Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Website in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
- How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided in the cookie table above.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
- How often will you update this Cookie Notice?
- Where can I get further information?